Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week Seventeen

Event:  Signed up for Continuing Education Classes

Since summer camp is out of the question (rats!) I figured the next best thing to do this summer is to check out what the local community college has to offer.  So, I got on their website and learned that there are hundreds of continuing education courses available.  I enjoyed reading about each one, and found it was hard to narrow it down.  Some of my favorites were:
-"Sign Language for Beginners" - Sounds fun, but I'm not sure who I could practice with.  I'd end up signing to myself in the mirror, but then I'd be seeing it backwards and I'd probably get all confused and frustrated...
-"Goodbye to Shy" - Hmmm.  Clearly don't have that problem.
-"Decorating Sugar Cookies with Colorflow/Glaze Icing" - Seriously?  This is a class?  I needed to take the pre-requisite class: "How to make sugar cookies when even the slice and bake sugar cookies don't turn out right".  Maybe next summer...
-"Beginning Braille - Web-Based" - Isn't that an oxymoron?  Web-based braille? Now that's just not fair. 
-"Lactation Management Strategies - Birth to Weaning" - Someday I'll know exactly what this means.  For now, I don't think I want to know.
-"Massage and bodywork for the Cervical Region" - WTF?

While all of these sounded fun and challenging, I ended up choosing three finalists that were right up my alley.  And then I decided, what the heck, I'll take all three. 

In June, I'll be attending a class called:  "What's Happening Around Town for Singles".  I shit you not.  Course description: "This class is for singles who want to know about singles groups, events and activities taking place around town.  The facilitator will discuss various social and special interest singles groups.  The fee includes the cost of a directory and other materials." 
Oh goody!  I can't wait to find out what those are!  Will the directory lead me to a good looking, wealthy bachelor?

In July, I'll be attending a class called:  "101 Fun and Clever Ways to Get Noticed".  Again, seriously?  I just couldn't pass this one up.
Course description:  "The first step in starting a relationship with someone of the opposite sex is getting noticed.  This workshop will discuss fun and clever ways to do that.  The instructor is a singles leader and author.  Come and have fun meeting others and contribute your own clever ways of getting noticed.  The fee includes handout materials."
Would flashing the class be a good idea for the first day?  And again, I get handouts? 

And finally, the last class I signed up for is called "Write and publish your own book". 
Course description:  "Learn how to plan, write, edit and publish your own masterpiece.  How to choose a topic, appraise the competition, conduct research and interviews, and write winning query letters and proposals for publishers and agents."

This blog may be as far is it goes, but why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment