Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week Six

Event: Valentine's Day Eve, Girls Night Out

Valentine's Day Shmalentine's Day.  Last night I went out with a couple of fellow single gals.  The plan was to see "Valentine's Day" the movie, go to dinner and go out.  The location was perfect.  We chose a restaurant/bar district with a movie theater, plenty of restaurants and bars and hopefully lots of singles. 

First stop:  The movie.  This movie was soooo good but it made me keenly aware that I do not weigh 112 pounds, I do not have rock hard abs and I will likely never marry anyone that even slightly resembles Bradley Cooper.  And that is exactly why three single ladies, all dressed up, opted for fried chicken, fried shrimp, mashed potatoes and two desserts for dinner.  I haven't had friend chicken since the 80's but let's face it.  It's not like anyone was going to be putting their hands around my waist tonight so why not!

As we rolled out of the restaurant in the spitting rain, two of us attempted to see what nightlife lay ahead of us.  But unfortunately the combination of the mediocre crowd (lots of couples, not many singles), the weather, and the fact that I was in a deep fried coma, we decided to call it quits.

The sad truth is, I was home and in my retainers by 11:30.  Ugly Betty, meet Bridget Jones.

Happy Shmalentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, I'm pretty sure no other lady was going to land Bradley Cooper in that movie, either.

    ReplyDelete